March 19, 2020
To Our Valued Customer Partners,
Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We continue to monitor and assess the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) spread at both the local and global levels. The health and safety of our customers, associates, vendors and our communities remain our number one priority along with meeting the service requirements of our customers.
NorthEast Electrical continues to collaborate with our manufacturing partners to ensure we are minimizing potential disruption to the delivery of our products and services and are taking proactive steps to evaluate the critical components of our supply chain. Visit needco.com for the most up-to-date information about any impacts to the supply chain from our manufacturing partners. As your trusted partner we are prepared to work closely with you on your business needs and continuity planning. Whether you require job-site solutions, logistics, project management services, material handling capabilities, after hours emergency service or access to our inventory online or through our mobile app, our team is here for you!
With the guidance of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The World Health Organization (WHO) and our local state governments and their respective departments of health we have instituted the following actions:
- Travel - We have instituted a travel ban on all business - related activities (foreign and domestic) and have asked all employees as a best practice to self-quarantine for 14 days if they engaged in personal foreign travel
- Visitors - We have limited all activity in our facilities to NorthEast associates and business essential vendors or deliveries. All meetings internal & external are being conducted virtually by WebEx or conference call
- Events - Until further notice all events have been postponed
- Increased Associate Communication - We are promoting continued awareness through multiple channels and resources with our associates on safety etiquette and best practice guidelines
- Social Distancing - We continue to stress the need for avoiding participation in any large groups both personally and professionally and the need to keep distances from others at 6 feet
- Cleaning & Disinfecting - All facility locations have incorporated elevated cleaning and disinfecting practices of all common areas and surfaces
- Telecommuting - To minimize risk we have adopted a fully structured work from home plan that prioritizes associates with underlying conditions, associates who work in large office settings and or anyone who feels ill or is experiencing flu like symptoms (they will be asked to work remote and seek medical attention immediately)
- Branch Operations - All counter sales operations are asked to wear gloves, keep all common surfaces cleaned and provide safe zones for customer pick up orders inside or outside of our facilities
We acknowledge that these are unprecedented times for all of us both from a social health and economic perspective and will continue to adapt our teams around these challenges to communicate and serve your best interests. We hope that you remain safe and healthy and thank you for your trust in NorthEast.